Some Talent Profiles give you the option to record an audio response to a question. Usually this is as simple as hitting the record button and talking to your device.
But if your device or browser isn't letting you record within your profile, you should have the option to uploading an audio file instead. It's usually easiest to do this on a mobile. If you need to switch devices, it's easy. Just hit the save button before leaving your computor. Then open a browser on your mobile, copy in the URL from your desktop and log-in using the same email and password. You should just be able to pick up where you left off.
Before you start recording:
- 🤫 Find a quiet spot. You don't want heaps of background noise making it hard for the recruiter or manager to hear you.
- 🚽 Try to avoid really echoey rooms. Ever talk to someone on the phone in a bathroom? The echo is really distracting.
- 🎤 Find your device's microphone. On most phones, this is near the bottom of the device. When you hit record, turn your phone so you're speaking directly into the microphone but don't put your mouth right up close as this will distort the sound. Have a play around and find the speaking position that works best for your device.
How to record and save an audio file on your mobile phone:
Recording a file is slightly different on every kind of device, but here's how you do it on the most common ones. If your device isn't here, you can often find instructions with a simple google search too.
1. Open the App Drawer by swiping up from the bottom of your screen.
2. If you don’t immediately see the Voice Recorder app, you may need to open a folder that will likely have the phone’s name as its label (Samsung, e.g.). Do so, then tap the Voice Recorder app.
3. Tap the red circle to start recording and the pause icon that replaces it to pause.
4. Hit the grey square to stop the recording session, name and save the recording, and move to a list of saved recordings, which can also be accessed by tapping the word “LIST” at the top-right corner.
Apple devices (iPhone):
1. Open the Voice Memos app then press the red circle at the bottom of the screen to start recording.
2. When you are finished recording, click on the red circle again or click Done on the right corner.
3. Name the recording by clicking on New Recording and changing the file name. Next, click on the three blue dots to edit or save your audio recording to your iPhone files.
Uploading the audio file to your profile:
When you click the "upload audio" button on your Talent Profile, a pop up will give you the ability to find and select the file from your device's storage.
If you have trouble with any of these steps, don't hesitate to reach over via our live chat within your Talent Profile - just look for the purple help speech bubble!
Please sign in to leave a comment.