So you've been invited to an interview - congratulations 🥳
This is going to depend a lot on the role you're applying for. But there are a few safe bets you can prep for, regardless of whether you're applying for a job on the shop floor or in the corner office:
- Why are you right for this job?
- What excites you about working in this role/company?
- What are your plans for the next year or two? (just a note on this question: the bigger job, the longer this time frame is likely to be)
- What are you into in your spare time?
- What are the achievements you're really proud of?
Remember in an interview, questions should go both ways. You need to check the job is right for YOU, while they check you're right for the job.
With that in mind, do some prep on one or two things you want to ask. Avoid that awkward silence after the inevitable "so, do you have any questions for me?" question at the end of the interview. You could ask about what kind of training they offer, or turn the question back onto the interviewer by asking "what do you like best about working here?" - get an idea if the company is somewhere you'll enjoy, from someone who actually works there!